If you think it’s been a while since you’ve heard from me…you’re right! It has been! This summer I took time to relax, recharge and reconnect with my son. I took full advantage of my summer off to spend time doing all of those mommy and me activities with lil’ Jojo that I miss out on during the school year. From Gymboree, to Mother Goose Rhyme Time at the public library, to weekly trips to the local beach, Jojo and I lived the life of Riley for a couple of months 🙂 ! I was blessed.
Of course, with the extra time home I also found plenty of opportunities to experiment in the kitchen, which I LOVED! ( I will be sharing all of my delish- toddler approved recipes with you -no worries!!). I focused on finding and creating meals that would appeal to the whole family since Jojo hit many food milestones: learning to use a fork & spoon, developing a willingness to try new foods and expressing an interest in mommy and daddy’s food…which ultimately led to a newly found love for chicken … finally!!! Of course I take full credit for Jojo’s new love for chicken :)… and lord knows I spent a lot of time making numerous chicken dishes until I had success. So today, I figured I share a quick chicken dish that Jojo screams “yum” for!
Honey-Chili Chicken Nuggets
- 2 Boneless chicken breasts (Thick cut-not thin sliced)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups Cheerios – processed into crumb or Bread crumb
- ½ Cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp chili powder
- Olive oil
- Set up a chicken dredging station with one plate of flour, one plate of breadcrumb and a plate for the eggs.
- Mix 2 cups of cheerio crumb/ breadcrumb with a ½ cup of Parmesan cheese, ½ tsp of chili powder and pepper to taste.
- Slice the boneless chicken breasts into nuggets.
- Dredge the nuggets in flour. Be sure to shake them to remove excess flour.
- In a separate bowl beat two eggs. Dredge the floured chicken nuggets in the egg mixture and then dredge the chicken nuggets in the crumb mixture.
- Place the chicken nuggets on a baking sheet that is greased with olive oil or sprayed with cooking spray.
- Drizzle the top of each nugget with olive oil and then drizzle the top of each nugget with honey.
- Bake in a 400-degree oven for 15-25 minutes depending on the thickness of the nuggets. Check that the chicken is fully cooked before removing from the oven. The key to cooking juicy chicken is not to over cook it, so monitor it closely.
**BTW, my hubby loves this too, so this is a great FAMILY dinner! Pair it with your favorite vegetables and you have a meal!